While they are completely separate programs, the most significant difference is that the LKSOM Pre-Medical Post Baccalaureate Advanced Core (ACMS) Program includes a conditional acceptance into LKSOM on successful completion, without a growth year.
The CST Post Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program is for applicants who wish to apply more broadly, to a variety of medical schools, to link to one of our linkage partners, or apply early decision to the school of their choice. Our program does not include a conditional acceptance to LKSOM.
The Basic Core of Medical Sciences (BCMS) Career Changer program at LKSOM is no longer being offered. However, the CST BCHS program is still being offered. You can apply here.
Learn more about our tracks
- A formal verified PostBacCAS application.
- Personal statement
- Application fee
- Official transcripts
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. We prefer letter writers submit letters directly to PostBacCAS, however, letters can also be submitted via Interfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If taken, all SAT/ACT score(s). Upload unofficial score report(s) to PostBacCAS.
- If taken, all MCAT, DAT, PCAT, or GRE score(s). Upload unofficial score report(s) to PostBacCAS. These are not required for admission to our program.
Yes. Three (3) letters of recommendation are required. We prefer letter writers submit letters directly to PostBacCAS, however, letters can also be submitted via Interfolio to email@example.com.
Letters from the following categories are common: health professions advisors, science professors, professors in other disciplines, healthcare professionals, coaches, employers, supervisors, and/or volunteer coordinators.
- The BCHS application typically opens around mid-September and closes in March.
- The ACHS application typically opens around mid-September and closes in May.
- The Pre-PA application typically opens around mid-September and closes in May.
Please refer to our application in PostBacCAS for specific dates. Applicants typically receive invitations to in-person interviews within 2-3 weeks after their application has been verified by PostBacCAS and decisions regarding acceptance 2-3 weeks after interviews.
Yes. The College of Science and Technology (CST) Post Baccalaureate Pre-Health Program conducts interviews January through April for the Basic Core and January through June for the Advanced Core.
Interviews are by invitation only. Immediately after your interview, you can expect to receive the Admission Committee decisions within 5-7 business days. Class selection is made on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to complete your application at your earliest convenience, to be considered.
Decisions are communicated via email and sent to the email address listed on your application.