While they are completely separate programs, the most significant difference is that the LKSOM Pre-Medical Postbaccalaureate Advanced Core (ACMS) Program includes a conditional acceptance into LKSOM on successful completion, without a growth year.
The CST Postbaccalaureate Pre-Health Program is for applicants who wish to apply more broadly to a variety of medical schools, to link to one of our linkage partners, or apply early decision to the school of their choice. Our program does not include a conditional acceptance to LKSOM.
The Basic Core of Medical Sciences (BCMS) Career Changer program at LKSOM is no longer being offered. However, the CST BCHS program is still being offered. You can apply here.
All tracks offer a structured course of study with specialized courses and labs, recitations, academic support, and standardized test preparation. Students attend all classes, labs, and recitations as a cohort. Pre-med, pre-dent, and pre-podiatry students attend post-bacc exclusive courses; pre-PA, pre-pharmacy, pre-PT and pre-DMI students do take 1-2 courses with other undergraduate students.
Our program also provides assistance with all the elements of the professional school application process, including regular one-on-one advising and writing and sending committee letters.
Learn more about our tracks
- A formal verified PostBacCAS application.
- Personal statement
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. We prefer letter writers submit letters directly to PostBacCAS, however, letters can also be submitted via Interfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official transcripts
- If taken, all SAT/ACT score(s). Upload unofficial score report(s) to PostBacCAS.
- If taken, all MCAT, DAT, PCAT, or GRE score(s). Upload unofficial score report(s) to PostBacCAS. These are not required for admission to our program. Please do NOT take any of these tests specifically to apply to our program.
Yes. Two (2) letters of recommendation are required. We prefer letter writers submit letters directly to PostBacCAS, however, letters can also be submitted via Interfolio to email@example.com.
Letters from the following categories are common: health professions advisors, science professors, professors in other disciplines, healthcare professionals, coaches, employers, supervisors, and/or volunteer coordinators.
- The BCHS application typically opens mid-September and closes in March.
- The ACHS application typically opens mid-September and closes in mid-May.
- The pre-PA application typically opens mid-September and closes in mid-May; however, applicants interested in the BCHS pre-PA program are advised to apply by March.
Please refer to our application in PostBacCAS for specific dates.
Applicants typically receive invitations to interviews within 2-3 weeks after their application has been verified by PostBacCAS and decisions regarding acceptance 2-3 weeks after interviews. Decisions are communicated via email and sent to the email address listed on the application.
Class selection is made on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to complete your application at your earliest convenience, to be considered.
Yes. The College of Science and Technology (CST) Postbaccalaureate Pre-Health Program typically begins interviewing in November and continues until the cohorts are filled—typically in March for BCHS and pre-PT/pre-DMI and June for ACHS.
Interviews are by invitation only.